Thursday, March 12, 2009

Enlightenment...Created for what?

Welcome, this is my first blog. I love to write and figure that blogging is a good outlet for my creative compulsion.

As I watch people in this chaotic, crazy world I try to make sense of it all. I would like to say that I have it all figured out, but I don't...Not even close. I do know that we were all created for a purpose. I wonder if we give much thought to that purpose, or do we just "exist" making through each day. Making it through a day is not an accomplishment, it is a sad existence.

Going back to the beginning is a good place to start finding enlightenment on this subject. Imagine walking at noon day, the warmth of the sun resting on your shoulder, and the smell of sweet honeysuckle filling the air. You close your eyes and take a deep breath, drinking in all that is around you, and then to look over and see the creator of all things coming to spend time with you. In that moment all is right with the world, you were created for this; to spend time with God. In the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve were able to walk and talk with God. We were created for that same purpose. Because of sinfulness we separated ourselves from the very thing that would "complete" us. Even though we (humanity) messed up, God made a blood covenant with us, and He made a way for us to walk with Him again (which is another discussion for another day).

Walking in that noonday sun and drinking in His presence is not just a beautiful picture of what could be, but it is a reality for those of us who know Him. But do we? I am not questioning whether those who do NOT profess Jesus walk and talk with God on a daily basis. There is a sadness that comes in knowing that most Christians do not walk and talk daily with God even though they could. Why would we not want to spend time with the one who desires to spend time with us, who holds our very purpose in His hands. Bowing heads, reciting cold repetative words strung together with precision, is not what I'm talking about. I am referring to pouring out your deepest thoughts, highest joys, and heart wrenching fears to someone who genuinely cares for you. Spending time getting to know the one that loves us unconditionally. I want to propose a challenge to you...spend one week speaking to God everyday, but make sure you pause to listen for what He is saying to you. He will speak to you if you will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment